The Covid-19 pandemic has created unprecedented challenges for the construction and specialist services industries affecting both our clients and supply chain partners alike.
Since the lockdown began, Shield Services Group has implemented a number of stringent measures across all its branches to allow them to remain operational where feasible and continue to support our clients and supply chain partners.
Where possible we have asked staff to work from home. In preparation for these employees coming back into the offices, we have conducted detailed risk assessments at each branch to ensure they can operate safely and minimise the risk of transmission.
Our office risk assessments identified control measures such as:
- Health and Safety questionnaire for employees, visitors and contractors in each location.
- Hand sanitiser stations with sanitiser, anti-bacterial wipes provided at all office entrances.
- Enhanced cleaning and hygiene activities with social distancing measures across all offices including one-way pedestrian systems with no entry and one-way directional signage, 2m distance signage and maximum occupancy signage for kitchens and meeting rooms to ensure the requisite 2m distance can be maintained.
- Signage barring the use of certain desks to help maintain the 2m distance along with the prohibition of hot-desking.
- Meetings to be carried out via Microsoft teams in the first instance.
Additionally, our Health & Safety team review these procedures frequently to ensure compliance with the latest government guidance, making changes where necessary. The control measures are subjected to daily inspections.
Stay in the Know
Receive our newsletter
We’ll let you know when we publish anything new!