Established in 1979, Shield Environmental Services has become one of the largest national service providers in the environmental service sector. We have grown steadily over the years and have constantly adapted to meet the demands and changing practices of the sectors we work with. However, some things have never changed and we believe that our success is based upon our original core principle of exceptional customer care. We feel honoured to have many long-standing relationships with our clients, many of whom we have been working with for years.
Shield Environmental Services Limited is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Bristol Asbestos Branch for an experienced Contracts Manager to support in the management of an experienced team of removers; identify and manage some elements of the technical aspects of the removal process, learning to effectively price projects, develop a team and assist with the growth of the business.
- Liaison with clients, site visit for assessment and preparation of quotations
- Assisting to identify, win and develop new client accounts and maintain the highest standard of service for the existing client base
- Preparation of site-specific risk assessments and detailed method statements ensuring compliance with HSE regulations. Convey the information contained within the site-specific risk assessment/method statement to site personnel to ensure full understanding
- Programme works and resources to ensure client and company needs are met
- Oversee work carried out by removal teams to ensure the highest standard of workmanship is being achieved
- Responsible for creating clear and accurate job files ensuring all relevant paperwork is contained before submitting for archiving
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure health and safety and welfare at work. You are required to gain an understanding of the Company’s health and safety procedures, observe them and enforce them, and ensure that safety equipment and clothing are fit for the purpose and always used. Carry out regular health and safety checks, including site audits
- Maintain a strong working relationship with customers and suppliers at all times
- Ensure sub-contract companies and labour are competent in the tasks that are required of them
Qualifications and experience:
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a contracts manager is required
- Evidence some management experience, and display good all-round interpersonal skills as well as leadership and people management skills. The role is client-facing and involves working with at all levels within organisations (Senior Directors, Site Operatives, Major and Sub Contractors, Local Authorities etc).
- Evidence some experience of being able to successfully manage both small and large scale projects through to completion
- To be commercially astute, a role requirement will be to negotiate “profitable” contracts in detail and build long term client relationships
- Be able to understand all Financial aspects of the Contract Management process and be able to produce detailed working programmes and plans of work
- Having an understanding of quality systems such as ISO 9001 would be advantageous
Other qualities and requirements:
Evidence sufficient knowledge, experience and training to demonstrate competence in:
- H&S issues and legislative requirements for the removal of asbestos
- Control measures required for the removal of asbestos
- Preparation to carry out asbestos removal
- Decontamination requirements
- Set up enclosures for the safe removal of asbestos
- Procedures for the safe removal of asbestos
- Cleaning and decontamination procedures
- Procedures for the packaging and disposal of asbestos waste
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent