Established in 1979, Shield Environmental Services has become one of the largest national service providers in the environmental service sector. We have grown steadily over the years and have constantly adapted to meet the demands and changing practises of the sectors we work with. However, some things have never changed and we believe that our success is based upon our original core principal of exceptional customer care. We feel honoured to have many long-standing relationships with our clients, many of whom we have been working with for years.
Shield Environmental Services Limited is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.
An opportunity has arisen for an Asbestos Supervisor in our Southampton Branch.
This position is Full Time, Monday to Friday 40 hrs per week.
The purpose of the role is to manage the onsite operations to remove, repair or encapsulate asbestos from a wide range of buildings/establishments types and locations, in a controlled manner.
- Provide management to the Operative(s) in your control to ensure the safe removal of asbestos materials
- Maintain written records of work undertaken as required
- Safely use, as required, hand tools, powered hand tools, small plant and machinery
- Undertake duties, in line with Contract Manager’s recommendations, instructions, company policy and in accordance with Client requirements
- Ensure that safe and planned systems of work are adopted and current Codes of Practice and Health and Safety regulations are followed
- Ensure that any issues/problems with work undertaken is recorded and communicated to the Contract Manager requirements
- Undertake regular training in line with the Company Health and Safety policy
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as an Operative
- Licensed Asbestos Supervisor Training Course
Other Qualities & Requirements:
- Attention to detail
- High quality standard
- Good communicator
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent