Established in 1979, Shield Environmental Services has become one of the largest national service providers in the environmental service sector. We have grown steadily over the years and have constantly adapted to meet the demands and changing practises of the sectors we work with. However, some things have never changed and we believe that our success is based upon our original core principal of exceptional customer care. We feel honoured to have many long-standing relationships with our clients, many of whom we have been working with for years.
Shield Environmental Services Limited is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.
An opportunity has arisen for a Bid Co-ordinator to join our team to support the Lead Bid Co-ordinator & Bid Department in returning high quality tender responses, pre-qualification documentation and to provide support to the Business Development Team.
- Ensuring Pre-Qualification Questionnaires for new business opportunities are completed on time and in line with client’s requirement
- Assist the Lead Bid Co-ordinator with the completion of tenders and submissions
- Support the Business Development Manager in the Bid process to ensure the bid documents are of the best calibre possible for submission. This includes tender research, proof reading, tender drafting, as well as document formatting and obtaining/developing pricing documents with all divisions within the group
- Providing administrative support to the Business Development function, based in Bristol
- Assist in the development and management of the Sales database
- Demonstrating a high level of computer literacy and competence in the use of all Microsoft Office programmes
- Monitoring the effectiveness and quality of the service being provided
- Identifying areas for improvement and ensuring work is carried out in accordance with company standards
- Researching business development leads
- Targeting potential Clients throughout the UK Market and competitor research
- Regular direct marketing tasks including sending emails, newsletters, brochures etc.
- Maintain standards of professional practise and readily accept responsibility for self and others
Qualifications and experience:
- Degree level qualification in Business Development preferred but not a necessity, as ongoing training and personal development will be supported by the company
- Previous administrative experience required
Other qualities and requirements:
- Self Motivated
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Able to prioritise work whilst under time-pressures
- High standard of Computer Literacy
- Good communication and written skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Maintain a high level of commitment, professionalism and conduct at all times
- Flexibility on working hours to cope with periods of high demands
- Taking responsibility in managing situations and problem solving
- To lead by example, showing commitment and a determination to succeed
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Location: South West