Due to continued expansion we currently have vacancies in both the South West and South East for experienced commercial gas engineers with an immediate start for the right candidate.
About Shield Services Group
Established in 1979, Shield Environmental Services has become one of the largest national service providers in the asbestos, insulation, scaffolding, marine and demolition sectors.
Shield Mechanical & Electrical
As of 2016 Shield M&E was born following the same success model and added a new arm to the group. We have grown steadily and constantly all the while adapting to meet the demands and changes of the sector.
However, some things have never changed; and we believe that our success is based upon our original core principal of exceptional customer care.
Shield Services Group is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.
We have a great opportunity for a Commercial Gas Engineer to join our growing team. This is a field based role, carrying out reactive and PPM tasks around the region and potentially further afield.
You will be working as part of a team or independently so will need to be forward thinking with a proactive approach and a positive attitude.
It is essential that you have Commercial gas experience. To be eligible to undertake this role you will need to hold COCN1 or CCN1 and CoDNCO1, CIGA1, CORT1, ICPN1, TPCP1A/1, CENWAT1, DAH1, CPA1, G3 Unvented hot water cylinders and WRAS as a minimum and other gas qualifications would be an advantage.
Salary: Based on knowledge and experience (hourly/salary)
- Industry relevant qualifications for example Commercial and Domestic Gas Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of working within the Commercial Building Services Industry post apprenticeship
- Mechanically competent with Heating Systems, Ventilation Systems, Domestic Water Systems and controls
- Relevant NVQ3 in Plumbing, Heating and Gas / Pipefitting / Heat and Vent/ Air conditioning
- Suitable CSCS Card
- Excellent communication ability
- Self-sufficient in your working approach
- Able to work well under pressure
- Willing to join the engineers call out rota
- Accurate in your delivery of work
- Punctual and Reliable
- Team player
- High level of organisation
- Full clean driving license
- Training will continually be provided by Shield to further your career and aid progression within your job role
- Company van to be provided along with fuel card
- Laptop / iPad
- Mobile Phone