An opportunity has arisen for a Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental (QUENSH) Advisor to provide qualified professional support and advice to the Shield Group.
Established in 1979, Shield Services Group has become one of the largest national Specialist Contractors of site and premises works for construction, demolition and refurbishment projects, on land and sea. The Shield Group have grown steadily over the years, covering England and Wales, and have constantly adapted to meet the demands and changing practises of the sectors we work with. The Shield Group offer services including Asbestos Removal, Scaffolding, Demolition, Mechanical & Electrical, Fire & Security, Flooring and Insulation, striving to be the best in whatever industry we operate. Shield’s core value of exceptional customer care helps drive our very high standards. Shield Services Group is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To assist the Managing Directors in all matters relating to Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental management within the Shield Group.
- Assist in the implementation of a positive safety culture within the Shield Group.
- Monitor and measure the Health, Safety and Environmental performance within the Shield Group Continually drive improvement in QUENSH standards within the Shield Group.
- To aid the company to meet its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to Environmental management, Health, Safety and welfare at work.
- Provide comprehensive Health, Safety and Environmental advice to all employees and managers.
- Conducting and managing a programme of audits and inspections as necessary to monitor Health, Safety, Quality & Environmental performance.
- Liaison as necessary with other organisations and relevant authorities.
- Aid with the development of the existing QUENSH Management system including writing and reviewing procedures, policies, templates and toolbox talks.
- Undertake accidents, incidents & Near miss investigation ensuring root causes are establishing and implement recommendations to prevent recurrence.
- Assess fire risk in workplaces.
- Keep up-to-date with changes in relevant Health, Safety and Environmental legislation.
Qualities and requirements:
- Ability to conduct site inspection and identify suitable corrective measures.
- Proven experience in dealing with clients face-to-face and appreciation of the client’s operational needs.
- Experience of changing the perception of Health and Safety in the workplace.
- Be a team player who is trustworthy, presentable and professional with excellent organisational skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Be able to motivate key individuals, regardless of role or position, enabling the creation of a positive safety culture.
- Be able to work without supervision and demonstrate effective self-management.
- Be able to effectively prioritise work whilst under time-pressures.
- Have good communication and written skills.
- Must keep up to date with the latest legislation and guidance.
- Be an integral part of Shield’s QUENSH Team and assist in developing the team when required.
- Computer literate – Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, Powerpoint etc.
- Be prepared to travel and stay away overnight where required.
- NEBOSH General Certificate (Required)
Location: UK coverage. Shield office location is flexible.
Full clean driving licence
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Health and Safety: 1 year (required)
- NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent (required)
To apply for this role, please email your CV and covering letter detailing how you meet the criteria set out in the job description to firstname.lastname@example.org