Established in 1979, Shield Environmental Services has become one of the largest national service providers in the environmental service sector. We have grown steadily over the years and have constantly adapted to meet the demands and changing practices of the sectors we work with. However, some things have never changed and we believe that our success is based upon our original core principle of exceptional customer care. We feel honoured to have many long-standing relationships with our clients, many of whom we have been working with for years.
Shield Environmental Services Limited is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.
The Shield Marine division is seeking a motivated and passionate individual to join them as a Level 3 Team Leader Apprentice. You will be part of the company’s future and promote our company by working and acting in a responsible manner at all times.
We are a Marine outfitting company with offices strategically placed around the UK.
We carry out Insulation, Ventilation, Joinery, Mechanical and Electrical, Resin Flooring and all types of flooring works.
We carry out works on New Build and renovation and upgrading of ships accommodation areas.
The position is based at our Falmouth site but travel to various locations around the UK, as well as working on ships in service or at refit in various other locations worldwide.
Training will be provided by Cornwall College.
- Develop trusted relationships within a team
- Acquire a thorough understanding of the needs and requirements of the profile
- Meet the objectives set out
- Ensure an understanding of the correct approved system, products and services
- Play an integral part of the team
- Prepare reports of progress
- Communicate with team
- Health and Safety – Quality and Environmental
- Effective Communication
- Work to company policy
- Work closely with the Marine team
- Protect the company name and image
- Ensure your behaviour complies with the organisation values
- Ensure adequate communication of all information is understood
Monitor the quality:
- Monitor the effectiveness and quality set standards and projects
- Identify areas for improvement and discuss with the line manager
- Work is carried out in accordance with company standards
- Communicate to line managers by both written and verbal communication
- An understanding of Objectives will enable compliance with company expectations
Health and Safety:
- Ensure that you have an understanding of the company’s HSEQ policy
- Seek ways to improve the work environment
- Report to line manager any breaches in health and safety requirements
- Communicate any needs to the team and keep a close communication line on most levels
Planning and organising:
- Plan activities thoroughly
- Readily accept responsibility for yourself
- Show commitment
- Continue to learn and develop your professional knowledge
- Always act in a professional manner when communicating with the company and clients
- Regular communication with Line Managers is essential
Qualifications and experience:
- GCSE Grade C/4 or above in maths and English.
Other qualities and requirements:
- Able to use own initiative
- Problem solver
- Data entry processing skills
- Work at height
- Team player
- Sense of humour
Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship