Established in 1979, Shield Environmental Services has become one of the largest national service providers in the environmental service sector. We have grown steadily over the years and have constantly adapted to meet the demands and changing practices of the sectors we work with. However, some things have never changed and we believe that our success is based upon our original core principle of exceptional customer care. We feel honoured to have many long-standing relationships with our clients, many of whom we have been working with for years.
Shield Environmental Services Limited is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.
A commercial Plumber is required to work within a dedicated team of mobile engineers on sites in the BS & BA postcodes and surrounding M4 Corridor region.
The work will involve PPM, fault finding, reactive and breakdowns, quoting for repair and remedial works to various types of plumbing and heating system.
Applicant should have NVQ/City & Guilds Commercial qualifications with relevant commercial experience.
The applicant must have a good all-round knowledge and understanding of Commercial plant rooms and would be expected to assist with various reactive and PPM tasks, as well as core plumbing skills.
Location: Bristol / M4 corridor
- Be conversant with current Health & Safety legislation with relevance to safe working practices and attend toolbox talks
- Comply with specific Contract, work department and Company procedures at all times
- Complete a daily work log with the Shield CAFM system
- Maintain accurate records of works done and expenditure, using this information to report to the Lead Engineer as required
- Liaise and co-ordinate site activities associated with services for which you are responsible, i.e. labour planning and ordering of materials
- Assist in the preparation of emergency contingency plans
- Assist with coordination of all site activities, both maintenance and projects and ensure all safety aspects are managed and monitored in accordance with site/contract procedures and requirements
- Undertake all tasks associated with labour planning and providing holiday and sickness cover
- Carry out PPM and reactive work as required in order to meet completion deadlines
- Take ownership of the client’s needs and pursue good communications with the customer in order to build a stable relationship
- Be proactive with regard to preventative maintenance and extra works
- Operate Shield QA procedures and maintain clear and legible records as required
- Be available to attend emergency call-outs and provide written incident reports as required
- Coordinate and manage all subcontractor’s activities relating to works undertaken
- Provide cover for Supervisor when required, i.e. holidays, sickness
- Ensure compliance with safe systems of work, risk assessments, method statements etc. and all relevant documentation is adhered to in accordance with company health and safety policy
- Excellent Plumbing knowledge complete with an industry-recognised qualification i.e.
- NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Plumbing & Heating or City & Guilds equivalent or
- NVQ Level 3 Diploma in installing and maintaining heating systems
- F-Gas qualifications
- C&G Refrigerant Safe Handling
- Plumbing qualification
- G3 Unvented hot water
- Domestic Gas
- Possess comprehensive technical skills along with extensive experience in commercial fault finding and rectification
- A good all-round knowledge of heating systems, fixed electrical systems & controls/BMS
- Good knowledge of all building services
- Minimum 2 years’ practical experience within the building industry
- Health and Safety experience
- Two years’ experience within a similar role
- Sound knowledge of computers software, Microsoft Office
- Time served apprenticeship
Personal aptitude and skills:
- Logical thinker in fault finding situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working within a team environment, able to contribute to group success whilst willingly following instructions of others
- Able to work unsupervised
- Adaptable and flexible approach to work requirements, willing to accept change
- Willing to volunteer help
- Commitment to providing a high-quality service to our customers and willingness to work flexibly and as a member of a team
- Scrupulous and reliable
- Good organisational skills and have a positive attitude
Other qualities and requirements:
- Driving licence
- Compliance with company and site policies and procedures
- To wear company attire at all times
- Ability to work overtime as required
- Be prepared to work out of hours from time to time and participate in the call out rota
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent