An opportunity has arisen for a Multi Skilled Apprentice to join the Mechanical, Electrical & Facilities Services team in Bristol.
You will follow a structured training and development plan throughout your apprenticeship.
As a Multi Skilled Apprentice, your principal role is to successfully complete an NVQ Level 2 qualification. Following a structured training programme combining college study with on-the-job training leading to a full framework qualification.
You will be assigned a mentor during your Apprenticeship to assist you through your Apprenticeship.
The primary role of a Multi Skilled Apprentice is to optimise property condition and quality and to ensure the building is kept in a safe working condition.
Multi Skilled Apprentices need to maintain a high level of quality, providing maximum satisfaction to customers, clients, guests and team.
They will understand the mechanism of buildings including electrical, plumbing, plant, safety systems and equipment.
They will provide a first and immediate response to fault finding, whilst maximising quality and ensuring cost-effectiveness.
They will ensure the prevention of major damage that could result in extensive costs and minimise reactive intervention.
The apprentice will be recognised by the Institute of Workplace & Facilities Management (IWFM) providing Associate Membership for the apprentice whilst studying. IWFM have confirmed resources and learning materials will be available for the apprentice to support them throughout their learning journey.
Qualifications and experience
- GCSE Maths, English & Science Grade 4 & above
- Good Knowledge of mobile technology
- Health & Safety training
- First Aid training
- Health and Safety experience
- A sound level of administration and organisational skills
- Sound knowledge of computers software, Microsoft Office
Other qualities and requirements
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working within a team environment, able to contribute to group success whilst willingly following instructions of others
- Adaptable and flexible approach to work requirements, willing to accept change
- Willing to volunteer to help
- Commitment to providing a high-quality service to our customers and willing to work flexibly and as a member of a team
- Scrupulous and reliable
- Compliance with company and site policies and procedures
- Wear company attire at all times
Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship
Established in 1979, Shield Services Group has become one of the largest national service providers in the asbestos, insulation, scaffolding, marine and demolition sectors. As of 2016 Shield M&E was born following the same successful model and adding a new division to the group. We have grown steadily and constantly all the while adapting to meet the demands and changes of the sector. However, some things have never changed and we believe that our success is based upon our original core principle of exceptional customer care.
Shield Services Group is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.