Established in 1979, Shield Environmental Services has become one of the largest national service providers in the environmental service sector. We have grown steadily over the years and have constantly adapted to meet the demands and changing practices of the sectors we work with. However, some things have never changed and we believe that our success is based upon our original core principal of exceptional customer care. We feel honoured to have many long-standing relationships with our clients, many of whom we have been working with for years.
Shield Environmental Services Limited is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic SHEQ Advisor to join our team. The role will be mixed between site and office and will cover sites in the South, Midlands and North of UK. The ideal candidate would have a background in construction with a knowledge of the Marine industry.
Location: South of UK, but flexible.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- To report to the Head of SHEQ
- To assist the Managing Director in all matters relating to Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental management within the Shield Group
- Lead with the recertification of accreditations including ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001
- Monitor and measure the Health, Safety and Environmental performance within the Shield Group Continually drive improvement in SHEQ standards within the Shield Group
- To aid the company to meet its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to Environmental Management, Health, Safety and welfare at work
- Provide comprehensive Health, Safety and Environmental advice to all employees and managers
- Ensure best practices and lessons learned are learnt through continuous improvement
- Responsibility for driving a positive SHEQ culture across the business
- Conducting and managing a programme of audits and inspections as necessary to monitor Health, Safety, Quality & Environmental performance
- Liaise as necessary with other organisations and relevant authorities
- Aid with the existing SHEQ Management system including writing and reviewing procedures, policies, templates and toolbox talks
- Undertake accidents, incidents & Near-Miss investigations ensuring root causes are established and implementing recommendations to prevent a recurrence
- Assess fire risk in workplaces
- Keep up-to-date with changes in relevant Health, Safety and Environmental legislation
The successful candidate will have:
- Have a minimum of 1 year of experience within a Health & Safety role
- Ability to conduct a site inspection and identify suitable corrective measures. Excellent organisational skills
- Knowledge of the Marine industry would be an advantage
- Experience with ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001 audit
- Be a team player who is trustworthy, presentable and professional with excellent organisational skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Be able to work without supervision and demonstrate effective self-management.
- Be able to effectively prioritise work whilst under time pressures.
- Computer literate – Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, Powerpoint etc.
- Be prepared to travel and stay away overnight where required.
- NEBOSH General Certificate (Required)
- ISO qualification
- General Construction experience
- Experience within the Marine industry would be an advantage
- Full, clean driving licence
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent