Established in 1979, Shield Environmental Services has become one of the largest national service providers in the environmental service sector. We have grown steadily over the years and have constantly adapted to meet the demands and changing practices of the sectors we work with. However, some things have never changed and we believe that our success is based upon our original core principle of exceptional customer care. We feel honoured to have many long-standing relationships with our clients, many of whom we have been working with for years.
Shield Environmental Services Limited is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Storeman to join the team at our Southampton Asbestos Branch to assist the Branch Manager with the upkeep of all equipment and stores.
- To ensure the Stores and Car Park are clean and tidy at all times
- Signing in/out of plant, equipment and materials
- Ensuring hired equipment is off-hired/returned in a timely manner
- Unloading and correct storage of deliveries
- To ensure that all plant, equipment and consumables are suitable and fit for purpose, inspected and maintained in accordance with legislation
- To ensure that all plant and equipment is stored correctly
- General repairs to equipment, stores and office when required
- Maintaining stock levels and reporting to contracts managers for ordering purposes
- Carrying out regular van inspections and filling in report forms
- Delivery of materials and plant when required
- Cleaning of vehicles, plant and equipment as required
- Upkeep of databases relevant to the above tasks
- The undertaking of monthly mask checks
Qualifications and experience:
- Computer literate (Microsoft Excel and Word)
- Experience of working in a warehouse or as a storeman
- Asbestos Awareness
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
To apply for this role, please email your CV and covering letter detailing how you meet the criteria set out in the job description to email@example.com