Fire Safe and Tailored Solutions
Shield Marine can design projects suitable to your needs.
All our projects are managed by an experienced team with knowledge developed since the start of our Marine work in 1988. Our original asbestos removal projects on working ships and ferries provided the foundations for growth within insulation and fabrication from the start.
We are able to meet individual client needs through tailoring works to suit, accommodating any specific and sensitive requirements and providing the appropriate solutions.
We are ISO 17020 accredited and work to UKAS, MCA, DNVGL, Lloyd’s register, MED and Defence standards, incorporating all class standards when required.
We can recommend appropriate insulation to suit the application and required needs of the ship and in the client’s interests. Our recommendations will consider everything from safety, price and durability, to maximising efficiency of the client’s ship.
Our bespoke insulation products cover:
- Structural fire protection – protecting areas from fire for a specified amount of time.
- Exhausts – maintaining SOLAS consistent temperatures and personnel safety.
- Engine rooms – preventing the flow and combustion of flammable fluids.
- Scrubber systems – thermal applications to reduce heat loss and create a more efficient system.
- Bow Thruster – fitting acoustic plates with structural and airborne soundproofing if required.
- Fuel and oil pipes – spray on or sectional insulation.
- Flanges, valves and vessels – allowing controlled and safe release of pressurised fluid from openings.
- Thermal and acoustic protection for cabin comfort.
We can provide fabrication of superficial and aesthetic aspects including flooring, furniture and soft furnishings, as well as surface structural and operational elements such as insulation jackets, lining panels and bulkheads, all of which are fire-safe, bespoke, attractive and functional.
Our fabrication services include unique furnishings and products for clients with specific requirements. Insulation casings and jackets are prepared to fit distinct pipes, timber decks are produced utilising materials from sustainable sources, and are installed to fit the client’s requirements. We also manufacture products from stainless steel, aluzinc, galvanised steel, coated metals and white metal.
Our products are designed for an accurate fit and finish, and adhere to marine fire safety standards.
Fire safety is built into our products, utilising approved fabrics and design modifications to control flammable fluids, materials used in our production are compliant to IMO standards.
Additionally, we can source products for sustainability, time and cost efficiency, all of which will meet IMO standards and fire safety SOLAS regulations.
Our insulation and fabrication workforce have experience in the marine industry as well as offering trade specialisations. We are one of the few licensed floorers of the resin Syndeck, working with quality-assured partner specialists. Whether TICA-trained insulation technicians or carpenters, we understand the marine industry dynamics, accommodating and providing the materials and skills required to deliver your project.