Fire, Thermal & Acoustic Insulation
Shield Marine’s Fire, Thermal & Acoustic Insulation systems are developed for the needs of the shipbuilding, defence, leisure and offshore industries.
Products we install have been tested in various A-class and H-class decks, bulkhead constructions, and many fire door and panel constructions.
Shield Marine can design projects appropriate to your needs. All our projects are managed by an experienced marine team with knowledge of Defence, Cruise & Commercial maritime sectors. We can meet individual vessel requirements by offering bespoke solutions to meet specific and sensitive needs whilst providing the appropriate solutions.
We are ISO 9001, 14001, 45001 UKAS accredited and comply with SOLAS, DefStan’s & MCA standards, also incorporating all class standards as required.
We will recommend suitable insulation to suit the application and requirements of the vessel. Our recommendations will consider everything from Quality, Compliance, Availability & Cost to minimise the installation timeframe and maximise operational vessel availability.
Our bespoke insulation products cover:
- Structural fire protection – protecting areas from fire for a specified amount of time
- Exhausts – maintaining SOLAS consistent temperatures and personnel safety
- Engine rooms – preventing the flow and combustion of flammable fluids
- Scrubber systems – thermal applications to reduce heat loss and create a more efficient system
- Bow Thruster – fitting acoustic plates with structural and airborne soundproofing.
- Fuel and oil pipes – spray on or sectional insulation
- Flanges, valves and vessels – allowing controlled and safe release of pressurised fluid from openings
- Thermal and acoustic protection for crew and passenger comfort
We provide fabrication of superficial and aesthetic aspects, including flooring and soft furnishings, as well as surface structural and operational elements, such as insulation jackets, lining panels and bulkheads.
Our fabrication services include unique furnishings and products for clients with specific requirements. Insulation casings and jackets are prepared to fit different pipes. We also manufacture products from stainless steel, aluzinc, galvanised steel, coated metals and white metal.
Our products are designed for an accurate fit and finish whilst complying with marine fire safety criteria.
Fire safety is built into our products, utilising approved fabrics and design modifications to control flammable fluids.
Additionally, we can source products for sustainability, time and cost efficiency, all of which will meet IMO standards and fire safety SOLAS regulations.
Our insulation and fabrication workforce has vast experience in the marine industry, and we offer supporting trades for additional marine trade specialisations;
- Deck Coverings
- Resin Systems
- Thermal Insulation Engineers
In summary, Shield Marine recognises the marine industry dynamics, accommodating and providing the materials and skills for successful project delivery.
Our outfitting service includes the design, manufacture and installation of interiors and exteriors to suit your requirements.
We offer a wide range of current flooring solutions and materials for both internal and external use.